Saturday, December 13, 2008

A FRIEND OF TIMOTHY J. WOODS

T.J.’s my age, but
He wears a cap, except
In class, an’ he’s got
A pocketknife that nobody else
Knows about, and
He wears the holiest
Sneakers I’ve ever seen.

T.J.’s just a nickname, but
I heard someone say the
T was for Timothy, then
Someone else said the
J was for Jimothy, but
I don’t think anybody
Really knows what the
J stands for.

T.J. lives far away, and
His mom drops him off out
In front of school
Almost every day, 'cause
Some days no one sees him and
Some kids say he got kicked out, but
Then he’s back the next day and
I don’t think he even brings
An excuse note.

One day T.J. showed me
His knife an’ let me open it up.
Two blades! An’ he said
I could be his friend. So
I gave back his knife before
Anybody else saw and
I said SURE and he grabbed my hand.
And shook it.

No comments: